Home Forums For Sale 780 Bertone Front-end Bra

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

780 Bertone Front-end Bra

• Author
    Participant
    #12581 |

I have a fitted leather front-end bra that came with my 780. It’s in good condition but I do not have a need for it. I don’t even know what it is worth – I’ve never seen one before. If you’re interested please email me at dani dot b dot 5003 at gmail or drop a line here. I will post a picture of it shortly, I need to retrieve it off my laptop during lunch!

Cheers,

Dan B.

DaviesDavies
    Participant

Dan,

I have one as well, from back in the day.  Who made yours?  It is great to have for road trips to protect the front end, and it has that timeless 80s look!

LagerLager
    Participant

Can you upload some pictures. I haven´t seen this kind of thing.

DaviesDavies
    Participant

I will this weekend as I have to install it.

Dn010dn010
    Participant

Hey guys. I am not sure who made the bra, I cannot find any tags on it anywhere. I have a picture on my laptop of it installed, I just have to find it! Same issue, mine is not installed for an easy picture.

Johan VlagsmaJohan Vlagsma
    Participant

I knew I’d seen a picture of a 780 with bra and it turns out it is here on our site: http://780coupe.com/forums/topic/hi-from-austria/#post-12227 (3rd one down in that post)

Dn010dn010
    Participant

I had actually forgotten about this. It is hard to see all of the bra in that link, I will do my best to post a picture of mine tonight. If my memory is fine, I don’t think mine has those two leather “humps” on the edge nearest the hood being so close together. We will see, soon!

Dn010dn010
    Participant

Here we are, bra installed on my 780. Yes, I do need a paint job.

dn010780Bra

Dn010dn010
    Participant

Davies, I wonder if yours is more similar to mine or the one posted in the above link by Johan?

DaviesDavies
    Participant

Just got mine out of a storage box and will get it on the car soon.  Mine is a different style.

LagerLager
    Participant

Looks interesting but makes me wonder what is the purpose of it?

Dn010dn010
    Participant

Car bras were intended to reduce wear on the front end / bumper. Whether it be from road debris or scratches, it was supposed to prevent damage and chips etc. These used to be more common decades ago (in the US, anyway); every now and then today I’ll see a car with a bra on it but not as prevalent as before.

DaviesDavies
    Participant

Back in the day (1980s/ 1990s) they were a “sporty” option people would put on their cars for looks as much as function. It does serve a good purpose but I can remember stories of people leaving them on for months at a time and dirt would get under them only to do more damage to the paint than if you had never had one on! I only used mine twice on long distance trips, as I discovered it didn’t work right to me.  No matter how hard it is strapped down at highway speeds air gets under it at the headlight holes and causes the edge alone the hood to flap up and down (which clearly isn’t helping to protect the paint!)

But I supposed for a non highway trip on a road with small rocks or large bugs it would be a big help!

bra 780 2

780 bra 2

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.